Thank you for visiting our Privacy Statement regarding the protection of personal data. Our highest priority at Hotel Porto Ligia is not only to offer you a pleasant accommodation, but also to provide a safe environment for your personal data. This Privacy Statement is governed by the provisions of the EU Regulation 2016/679 also known as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This privacy notice aims to provide you with all the necessary information regarding the transparency of personal data processing. If you feel you need to learn more on this topic, you can contact the Data Protection Authority of your country.
Personal data is any information relating to you.
Controller for the purposes of the GDPR, or any other law related to data protection is:
Hotel Porto Ligia SA
Lefkada, Lygia 31100, Greece
tel : +30 26450 72000, +30 26450 71441
Data we collect from you
We are extremely sensitive regarding the protection of your personal data. If you are either one of our guests, customers or a visitor of our website, we make sure that we do not collect your personal information, unless you provide it to us on your own initiative by contacting us or by filling in the relevant online form of the website or any other booking engine with which we collaborate. Thisinformationmayinclude:
● Contact details, such as name, mailing address, email address and phone number;
● Your passport or ID card number;
● Other relevant data related to your booking, such as payment details, age, nationality, country of departure, guest stay data, including date of arrival and departure, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room preferences or any other services used);
You may always choose what personal data you wish to provide to us. If you choose not to provide certain details, however, some of your transactions with us may be impacted.
Purpose and Use of Personal Data
Our processing of your personal data will be justified if one of the following conditions is satisfied:
● Whenever we obtain your consent;
● Whenever the processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract;
● Where the processing is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation;
● Where the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests;
● Where the processing is necessary for the purposes of public health protection.
Your information will not be used for any other than the purposes specified below:
● Process your bookings for our services
● Process your bookings on behalf of any other booking engine with which we collaborate
● Request your opinion or feedback for your accommodation
● Marketing: In compliance with applicable consent requirements, we may use your information to contact you for marketing purposes. We may contact you by email or telephone. You can always opt out by unsubscribing from marketing activities at any time.
Our website is not directed to children under the age of 16 years old. Nor do we knowingly collect information from them. In case we find out that we have collected personal information from a child without appropriate and verified parental consent, we will try our best to delete that information as soon as possible.
Data Retention Period
We will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to provide services to you and for as long as it is justified by the purpose of processing, and in any case as required or allowed by the law. After that period, personal data we hold about you will be erased securely.
We cooperate with online reservation engines, such as Booking.com B.V. (www.booking.com), to offer you our online reservation services. The reservations are processed through Booking.com and the information you provide to Booking.com will also be shared with us. This information may include personal data such as your name, your contact details, your payment details, the names of guests traveling with you and any preferences you specified when making a booking. You should note that we do not have any control over other websites and the protection of any information which you provide whilst visiting other websites is not governed by our privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your information will not be exchanged, sold or transferred outside of our company, or given to any other third party for any reason without your consent. However, we may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so, for law enforcement purposes or other reasons of public importance.
The transfer of personal data as described in this Privacy Statement may include transfers of personal data to countries outside the European Union. We shall only transfer personal data to recipients offering an adequate level of data protection.
We want you to be in control of how your personal data is used by us. You can do this in the following ways:
● You can ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
● you can inform us of any changes to your personal data, or you can ask us to correct any of the personal data we hold about you;
● in certain situations, you can ask us to erase or restrict the processing of the personal data we hold about you under the condition that there is no legitimate reasons for its retention, or object to the processing of your personal data; and
● in certain situations, you can also ask us to transmit the personal data you have given us to a third party.
Where we are using your personal data on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time subject to applicable law. Moreover, where we process your personal data based on legitimate interest, you have the right to object at any time to that use of your personal data subject to applicable law.
We rely on you to ensure that your personal data is complete, accurate and current. Please inform us promptly of any changes to or inaccuracies to your personal data by contacting email@example.com . We shall respond to your request without delay, and in any case within one (1) month after we receive your request. However, if your request is complex or there is a large number of requests, we will notify you within one month if we need an extension to respond to you.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow best practices. The Company takes all necessary technical and organisational measures to ensure the secure processing of your personal data and to prevent any accidental loss or destruction and any unauthorised or illegal access, use, alteration or disclosure of your data.
Data we collect automatically
When using our website, may we also collect information automatically, e.g. IP address, location, device settings, time of usage, URL requested, information about the browser, browsing history, user ID of booking engines. We may also collect data automatically through cookies.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be modified at any time. Please review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. This Privacy Statement is effective from May 25th, 2018.
Feel free to contact us for any request relating to the processing of your personal data, or to submit a complaint or manage your information:
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at : +30 26450 72000, +30 26450 71441
Mail us at :Lefkada, Lygia 31100, Greece